Thursday, May 8, 2008

What will the Tax Rebate Stimulus do for you?

I have to share that I am a stay at home wife and mom of 5. We are a lower, middle-class family. We have money coming in, but honestly, it’s not enough right now to cover ALL of our expenses. We aren’t alone in this plight.

So, as they say ‘like attracts like’ and many of my friends, family and associates just happen to be in similar financial situations. These days, with gass prices, grocery prices increasing and lay-offs happening all over the country; it is no surprise that more and more people are looking to generate additional income from home, take on a second job or sell their home. In my non-political opinion, the country is hurting big time.

Now, I am not in to learning the logistics of the Tax Rebate Stimulus, but I do hear the average person’s concerns. Many people would love to shop for something that is normally considered a luxury. However, most people I have talked to, are looking at the Tax rebate as a way to keep their home, pay off debt or purchase gas for their automobiles. This is a shame, because I do not believe the rebates will be used in the way that they were intended.

In fact, our family will be doing the same as many Americans out there; paying off debts, stocking up on groceries and filling up the tanks on our cars. As much as we’d LOVE to splurge, we are so far behind the 8-ball, that such luxuries are not in the cards, as they say.

Thankfully, I have a home-based business that allows us to save on gas and expenses. It brings in a nice supplemental income right now. However, we have yet to reach the full-time income that we desire and as such, many things go unpaid. Things are tough for most Americans these days, including business owners. My hope and prayer is that not only my own family is able to recover, but that each every person I know can as well and in turn, they can reach out to every person they know, and help them as well.

So, it looks like too many of the American people will be just ‘getting by’ with the tax rebates, instead of splurging. What about you?

No comments: