Monday, June 2, 2008

Another One Bites The Dust (YouTube)

So, it is Sunday evening and I am working on learning some new marketing techniques. I sit back and read some very good material about marketing with videos. As always, I open another tab on my Internet browser so I can log in to my account. I pause, before typing in my password.

"Ah, yes, have to remember I changed it after having my MySpace page deleted," I thought to myself.

I am so used to using a similar password for most of my marketing sites, that I had almost typed the old one in. But, I remembered and did my thing, clicked 'login' and waited.

"WTH?!?!?" To put it lightly, that's what came out of my mouth.

My account has been 'temporarily (permanently, in truth) suspended.'

This is the second time since February that my YouTube account has been deleted. Again, with no warning or explanation as to the reason why.

I go to the Help section in search of some clue as to "WHY?" But, of course...NADA. Some generic FAQ answer that really didn't help me at all.

This comes on the cusp of having my MySpace page removed last week, and my business opt-ins (leads) slow to barely any at all.

Now, I can take this chain of events a few different angles.

1) Someone is trying to snuff out the 'competition'. Give me a break. I'm a stay at home mom!
2) Someone just has it "in" for me. Can't figure out why.
3) Bad luck (or something like that). I mean, come on----some of the videos on YT are far worse and less entertaining,some are downright rude and inappropriate.
4) An opportunity to move away from what I was doing; move towards what I am supposed to be doing.

Now, since I put it last, you can probably guess, that's where I am pointing my mindset. Regardless of "WHY", the bottom line is this: it happened, get over it, move on!

So, now the dilemma is truly in what direction do I steer this vehicle? I know that videos and social networking can really work well to leverage your time and efforts. But, what am I supposed to be doing and WHERE should I be doing it?

I hope and pray that some direction or insight comes to me very soon, because I don't think my business will grow much if I don't get moving forward. Thankfully, I didn't have all of my (marketing) eggs in one basket, and therefore, I have other avenues to pursue.

Anyway, thanks for reading! I will update as I can. Hopefully, my blog is safe. ;o)

Blessings to you!

~Joy~

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Joy, please email me. I was able to get my account restored! I want to show you what I did. I contacted Tom last night and sent him the information to forward to you, but I wanted to follow up. I know that this has happened before to you and it totally sucks! It happened to two other of our group. I will reveal more. Please contact me direct at freecashrocket@gmail.com and I will forward the instructions. Sharon