Monday, June 2, 2008

It's ALL Mine!

What the heck does that mean, you ask?

Well, for about a year, I have had a domain name...MY name... http://www.JoyMarino.com .

And, for MOST of the year, I have been re-directing it to everyone else's sites. I used to have it directed to my MySpace page, but, I would flip-flop with it, never actually 'settling' any one place.

Don't ask me why...ok, go ahead...

Why is that?

Because I am 'wishy-washy'!

I am still so gun-shy of making a name for myself on the Internet. I mean, I am out there. You can find me all over. But, there is something about having a self-promoting site that seems...well, selfish.

I can be selfish, of course! But, I don't wear that 'coat' very well. It's like a wool sweater. It itches me and irritates at me. It doesn't flow well with who I am. I am a cotton t-shirt and denim jeans type of girl...always have been.

Anyway, I am doing my usual "Edith Bunker" here, where I go way off topic.

So, after the disaster with You Tube, I decided not to do videos for awhile. I just don't feel it is worth my time and effort to battle with it anymore. The emotional roller-coaster is why I turned to Internet marketing, and away from leads and sales.

So, I went to a free website that I had set up a while ago and got to work. I started a page that is about ME. WHOA! It's not a sales page or a splash page. It doesn't tell my whole story, but starts at where I am now, in my life.

I took that year old domain URL and pointed it to my web page. I added a picture my husband took in Tennessee last year (it is an awesome picture) and put it on there. I threw in a quick, "contact me" sentence and was DONE.

So, now, I am just going to market ME. I have a lot to offer people and after doing some studying, I have found my niche. Which was in the back of my mind as I created my website. I want to reach people very much like me.

I have spent most of my life trying to please ALL of the people ALL of the time. I think that is where most of my "failure" stems from. But, in reality, as I have said before, if I learn something from past experience, it can never truly be a failure. I need to attract more people like me, and then let it spiderweb from there.

So, http://www.JoyMarino.com is out there and LIVE to attract other stay at home moms, who have talents and gifts lying dormant, who want to have more in this life and GIVE more to their children then they can now, or then they ever had themselves.

With billions of people on the planet, I KNOW there are many other moms out there...

JUST LIKE ME.

Moms that have so much to offer the world...if only someone would be honest, ethical and morally responsible to show them the way. I found that, and now I am offering that back to the world.

Thanks for reading.

Blessings,

Joy

No comments: